It was last Monday I got to borrow Elin and Endre's comfy new Peugot to pick up my good friend Michelle, who came with bus from Sykkylven (The Lid's). One year and three months' have passed since I last saw her. That was in Canada, after her graduation and right before my return to Norway for the summer. I had been looking forward to it a long time, and I could hardly believe the weather forcasts for the next three days: sun, sun, and sun! We had beautiful sun as we hiked Vidden (from Ulriken to Fløyen - two of the many mountain tops surrounding this beautiful city!). We had beautiful sun when we drove out to Kongshaug (private Christian High-school) where I started my job as an English teacher. We had beautiful sun when we toured the city, and beautiful sun when we ate Greec salad in my sister's garden. It was wonderful with such nice weather, but even more wonderful to once again spend time with such a good friend. Thank you so much for coming, Michelle!
mandag, august 27, 2007
Vidunderlig visitt/Wonderful visit
Det var sist mandag jeg fikk låne den deilige nye Peugot'en til Endre og Elin for å hente min gode venn Michelle som kom med bussen fra Sykkylven. Ett år og tre mnd er gått siden jeg så henne sist. Det var i Canada da hun var ferdig med sine studier og jeg skulle hjem på sommerferie. Jeg hadde gleda meg lenge, og det var ikke til å tro - at værmeldingene for Bergen de neste tre dagene bestod av sol, sol og sol! Dermed fikk vi supert vær da vi gikk over Vidden (Fra Ulriken til Fløyen), vi fikk supert vær da vi dro til Kongshaug og jeg startet min lærerkarriere der, vi fikk supert vær da vi "gjorde byen" (Egon, Bryggen, Håkonshallen, Fisketorget). Vi hadde supert vær da vi spiste gresk salat i hagen til søster Magnhild. Helt fantastisk! Vidunderlig med fint vær, men ennå mer vidunderlig å treffe igjen en god venn etter så lang tid! Takk for at du kom, Michelle!
It was last Monday I got to borrow Elin and Endre's comfy new Peugot to pick up my good friend Michelle, who came with bus from Sykkylven (The Lid's). One year and three months' have passed since I last saw her. That was in Canada, after her graduation and right before my return to Norway for the summer. I had been looking forward to it a long time, and I could hardly believe the weather forcasts for the next three days: sun, sun, and sun! We had beautiful sun as we hiked Vidden (from Ulriken to Fløyen - two of the many mountain tops surrounding this beautiful city!). We had beautiful sun when we drove out to Kongshaug (private Christian High-school) where I started my job as an English teacher. We had beautiful sun when we toured the city, and beautiful sun when we ate Greec salad in my sister's garden. It was wonderful with such nice weather, but even more wonderful to once again spend time with such a good friend. Thank you so much for coming, Michelle!
Michelle med god utsikt over Bergen/Michelle with a good view of Bergen!
Gratulerer med overstått, Michelle /Happy belated birthday, Michelle!
Gode venner gjenforent etter over ett år! /Good friends reunited after over a year!
It was last Monday I got to borrow Elin and Endre's comfy new Peugot to pick up my good friend Michelle, who came with bus from Sykkylven (The Lid's). One year and three months' have passed since I last saw her. That was in Canada, after her graduation and right before my return to Norway for the summer. I had been looking forward to it a long time, and I could hardly believe the weather forcasts for the next three days: sun, sun, and sun! We had beautiful sun as we hiked Vidden (from Ulriken to Fløyen - two of the many mountain tops surrounding this beautiful city!). We had beautiful sun when we drove out to Kongshaug (private Christian High-school) where I started my job as an English teacher. We had beautiful sun when we toured the city, and beautiful sun when we ate Greec salad in my sister's garden. It was wonderful with such nice weather, but even more wonderful to once again spend time with such a good friend. Thank you so much for coming, Michelle!
Abonner på:
Legg inn kommentarer (Atom)

1 kommentar:
It was indeed a great visit! I loved Norway and want to go back again sometime. Thank you, Karsan, for being such a fabulous hostess! -Michelle
Legg inn en kommentar